The Board Room
The Board Room, not counting the renovation work completed in 2018, has maintained its historical layout in tact, created after renovation work approved in 1934, when the new order of Provincial Councils of Corporative Economy requested larger meetings, that the old room could no longer contain:
“ Whereas the recent provision regarding the new order of Provincial Councils of Corporative Economy requests the possibility for larger meetings during which, in the special case of our province, can include about 70 councillors and considering the fact that the old room does not offer the possibility of holding that number of councillors due to the arrangement and lack of furniture…. the Presidency proposes to adapt the room on the first floor, already built for the purpose […] The room’s appearance will be more suitable for large meetings, without removing the characteristics of the current decoration”.
(Taken from the Presidency Meeting of 23.04.1934)
Inside, underneath the solid walnut coffered ceilings, there are two two works of art with great historical-artistic relevance: l’ Offerta by Plinio Nomellini (1934) (3) and il Porticciolo di Piazza Grande (1663-1676 circa), by an unknown artist, but close to Pietro Ciafferi. (4, separate details) .
The Room has a direct door to the President’s Room and the historical Council Room.