The section that houses a selection of contemporary works of art is located in the new, renovated spaces of the deconsecrated church of the Vergine Assunta e di San Giuseppe, known as the Luogo Pio, its annexes and the wing connecting it to the Bottini building. The culminating episodes of this exhibition path are the church itself, and the large empty space that occupies the extension wing. In the square where the church has stood since the 17thy century, there was a set of buildings where, in 1704, the Istituto delle Orfane della Casa Pie orphanage was transferred. The orphanage was destroyed by bombings during the last year; only the church was miraculously saved, which then found itself isolated in the middle of a large area of land. The building, designed by Giovanni Del Fantasia and built between 1713 and 1715, has a simple Baroque façade, in line with the distinguishing traits of the entire Venezia Nuova, the trade and commerce district. Three large windows, located at the side and above the main door, are the only decorations on the façade, to the sides of which the remains of the ancient service buildings can still be seen. Inside, once embellished with Baroque-style stucco work, there were three small altars, the largest of which was dedicated to the Immacolata.